1# FILL IN THE BLANKS USING THE FOLLOWING WORDS: loan, to start, saved, staff, apply for, invest, borrow.
- The bank manager asked me how much money would I need _______________ my restaurant.
- Manuel thought he would need a ___________ of three workers to start with.
- Manuel had ___________ $ 18.000 while he was working as Head Waiter. However he would use this money to ___________ in buying the furniture and the machinery.
- He needs to ____________ some money for the supplies. The ______________ won´t be too much, only a few hundred dollars and that's all. Manuel will ____________ it in two days.
2# PUT THE WORDS FROM THESE SENTENCES IN THE RIGHT ORDER
- an/ Every/ idea/ new/ business/ begins/ with/
- specialize/ The/ will /restaurant/ food/ in/ Spanish.
- Will/ It /40 /seat/customers/ about.
- The/ will/ finance/ help/ you/equipment/ company/
3# Imagine you are going to start a restaurant. You will need someone to serve and to cook. Write down the name of those jobs.
4# FILL IN THE GAPS USING ONE OF THE TWO ITALIC WORDS GIVEN:
- You don't want to buy a location but paying monthly an amount of money. In this case we need to________ a location : loan/rent
- I must have an __________ that can cover all the risks of my business: insurance/ money
- An _____________ is very important if we want to promote our business in the area: insurance/ advertisement.
It's very difficult to make _________ during the first three months: profits/expenses
5# ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS WITH YOUR OWN OPINION
# If you needed money to start your business, where would you go to ask for a loan?
If I needed money to start my business, I would go to _____________________________________________________ to ask for a loan.
6 # Imagine you are going to start your own business, write down some examples of some expenses you may have
If I were going to start my own business, I would have to spend money on…
7 # You have been working as a waiter and have saved 3.000€ , where would you invest your money?
8# Fill in the blanks using these missing words: start, borrow, bank, lend,
# I have saved some money so I need to go to a __________ because I can get some profits.
# I´m going to buy a car for my business but I´ll need to _________ some money.
# I would like to have my own restaurant, I think I will __________ my own business.
# I went to the bank to ask for a loan. They are going to ________ me 12.000€
9 # Translate:
- If a person needs to go to the bank to ask for money, this means he will borrow money from the bank.
Let´s say you have tried to borrow from friends and relatives, but they just aren´t able to help right now. To get the money to start your business, you´ll need to go to a lender-a bank or government agency. You will need to provie a lot of information to prove that you are a good business risk. Lenders will want:
10 # Fill out the statement of financial need for Carlos Cálomer who is about to open his own restaurant. These are the expenses:
Furniture and equipment: 15.000€
Advertising and promotion 250€
Electricity license and phone 100€
Money on cash 9.000€
Personal loan 18.000€
If you have been reading till this point you are lucky because you will discover that these are the questions I will make for the exam!!: five of these 10 exercises and the vocabulary too!!